6th International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (ALAPP)
FIRST CALL FOR PROPOSALS
We are pleased to announce the first call for proposals for the 6th International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (ALAPP),
which will be hosted by Centre for Internationalisation and Parallel Language Use (CIP) and held at University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 3 – 5 November 2016
under the general heading of Transnational flows and professional practice.
The conference aims to bring together scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds, especially language and communication research,
particularly in relation to various specialized areas of research, including management, business, law, journalism, education, healthcare, social care, translation and interpreting.
The submission for proposals opens on 1 March 2016. All proposals must be submitted by 2 May 2016.
Conference themes include
· Transnational flows and multilingualism in the professions
· Identity construction in professional communication
· Use of lingua franca in professional encounters
· Multimodality in professional practice
· Professional practice, discourse and the new media
· The role of translation and interpreting in professional practice
· Language policy and practice in the professions
· Linguistic training for professionals
Proposals in other relevant areas are also welcome.
For full details, submission guidelines and proposal selection criteria see attached First Call for Proposals.